item1

Wednesday 18 May 2016

Kaizen


      Something I frequently talk to athletes and my clients about is the Japanese business principle referred to as Kaizen.  Here is the definition of Kaizen: Kaizen (Continuous Improvement) is a strategy where employees at all levels of a company work together proactively to achieve regular, incremental improvements to the manufacturing process. In a sense, it combines the collective talents within a company to create a powerful engine for improvement. 
     Sound like something that might work well in sports and in life in general.The basic message is that small, consistent improvements build up to greater improvements over time.  And, when multiple people work together in this way, it accelerates the progress exponentially. 
    Once I introduce this concept to a team or client, it gives me all sorts of opportunities to talk about teamwork and how important small improvements are each day.  I’m sure you can think of million situations where this could help you send a message about hard work, perseverance, diligence, following directions, working together, communication, etc.  
     I love this theme because not only is it perfect for sports, it’s applicable to all facets of life.  As a Professional Personal Trainer ,I have the responsibility of helping people learn life lessons on their way to becoming successful men and women.  
     My hope is for you to embrace this concept in your own life, and to use the principle of Kaizen to help you move forward with your health and fitness goals. The first thing I tell my clients is” success is not determined by the length of the steps we take but by the direction your heading. No matter what you are trying to accomplish, as long as you’re headed in the right direction you will get there! “  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

item2
item5
item8
item11
item14
item17

Success Fitness Training

Professional Personal Fitness Trainer

BOOK A CONFIDENTIAL MEETING 07816 642 730