item1

Friday, 18 March 2016

Doe's a personal trainer really make a difference ?


     
              According to the New England Journal of Medicine it is the single most important step one a can take when deciding to lose weight and get healthy, The National Weight Control Registry states: “if a person needs to lose 2 stone or more they have a 1% chance of achieving this thru exercise alone, a 10% chance by dieting alone but an 89% chance of reaching your goal when working with a Professional Personal Trainer (PPT).

              We have all heard the horror stories of someone who hooked up with an inexperienced, unqualified personal trainer. It is more than just a waste of money and time but often serious injuries can occur. Having been a PPT for over 30 years I do consider myself experienced and qualified. I would like to share with you a few examples of what sets me apart from the competition:

·         In 1985 I began using High Intensity Interval Training (this is not the same as High Intensity Training) with my clients to increase fat loss and improve fitness

·         1988 my clients began supplementing with Vitamin D and Vitamin E

·         1988 I designed my nutritional programme using the Glycaemic Index (GI) and Glycaemic Load (GL) format. Still to this day considered the gold standard of nutrition.  

·         1990 I began requiring that my clients use a heart rate monitor when doing their cardio work

·         1992 I introduced to my clients to the benefits of creatine monohydrate,L-glutamine and BCAA’s

·         1995 to insure that my clients got their daily dose of essential fatty acids they began using Udos Oil.

·         2000 after reading numerous peer reviewed research papers I immediately stopped using traditional sit ups,crunches,bicycle crunches and trunk twist for core exercises due to the extreme damage they cause to the spine  

·         2002 my athletes incorporated Myelin Tissue training into their training routine. This is specific combination of SAQ’s and plyometric training to improve performance

·         2005 I introduced Calendar Scoring as a quick and easy way for my clients to keep track of their progress

·         2010 after reading numerous peer reviewed research papers I immediately stopped using behind the neck pull downs,behind the neck shoulder press and upright rows due to the damage they cause to the rotater cuff    

                The point of this is to show you that the right PPT can save you years of struggle, money and serious injury. Not to mention the invaluable support you receive to get you through those difficult times. If you have made the decision to get the weight off and take control of your health, get professional help. It is the difference between success and failure.   

No comments:

Post a comment

item2
item5
item8
item11
item14
item17

Success Fitness Training

Professional Personal Fitness Trainer

BOOK A CONFIDENTIAL MEETING 07816 642 730