item1

Monday 1 January 2018

It's Time for a Change


                            The great physicist and one of my personal heroes Albert Einstein once remarked "The measure of intelligence is the ability to change".

     What he meant was that being able to adapt to your situation and changing surroundings is a key part of intelligence. Resisting change is futile because life is always changing and this ability to adapt largely explains why the human race has made it this far as we have.   The ability to constantly change and improve how you train and compete is also a key requirement in sport, and with 2018 dawning, Einstein's quote got me thinking about the changes I made last year to my training, lifestyle and nutrition  Did I simply plough on regardless or did I - on the basis of new scientific evidence - change my approach for the better?

   As a Professional Personal Trainer and founder of LA Success Fitness Training, I am very fortunate. I get to read about the very latest scientific findings from the world of nutrition and performance and how to practically apply this knowledge to boost performance and help my clients reach their goals efficiently and safely.  And yes, thanks to this knowledge, I was able to make positive changees. 

In 2017 alone, some of the key findings that we reported on and which helped me personally included:
        
        What still doesn't work and what still does.
 
       Specific resistance exercises that can cause you serious harm
 
         Improved swimming performance thanks to new findings on hand positioning during freestyle and optimum breathing patterns to develop a smooth stroke and increase endurance.
        
    Better pacing strategies during run events and the role of the mind in executing them.
        
     A new approach to strength training that enhance endurance while being quick to perform and easy to integrate into an endurance programme.
        
    How to use hot-weather training as a substitute for altitude training in order to boost endurance.
        
      Why the traditional approach to carbohydrate nutrition (i.e. plenty at all times) might not work for endurance athletes seeking the fastest race times rather than just good training times!
       
      How to use new theories on muscle and tendon function to maximise running efficiency while minimising effort.

         The hazards of high volume endurance training to long-term bone health, and how athletes can make dietary changes to keep themselves in tip-top condition
·
         How to utilise resistance training more effectively to enhance fat loss and increase muscle tone
 
 These findings are just a few from dozens and dozens of published  articles and papers I researched during 2017. Importantly, all articles and paers are based on peer-reviewed scientific evidence. Not "my mate reckons this" or  "I read somewhere that" but based on recent science and our best understanding of the truth at current time.
Looking Forward !
     Applying these findings doesn't make me especially intelligent - the credit lies with the scientists who diligently carry out this research so that we can all benefit. But I am a firm believer in the old adage: "If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always had".
The good news is that if you're someone who strives to be the best you can be, you too can reach new heights in 2018.
     Here at LA Success Fitness Training my goal is to continue to provide my clients  with the latest thinking and best practice to get ahead of the pack. And in the year ahead, I will be there for you every step of the way. You don't have to be Einstein to see what the potential benefits could be! Let me help you separate the training myths from the science based facts
 
Training prepares you, Education sustains you !
 
 Eric Hartzell
LA Success Fitness Training
MNSCA    CIIS     MACSM
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

item2
item5
item8
item11
item14
item17

Success Fitness Training

Professional Personal Fitness Trainer

BOOK A CONFIDENTIAL MEETING 07816 642 730