item1

Friday 29 April 2016

Just A Thought



     I want to take a minute and share a thought with you. I have had the pleasure of reading some great books over the years, many centered on how people succeed in a wide variety of professions. Books like Outliers, Talent Code and Talent is Overrated inspired me to share my story.
      I am a “fitness expert” I guess. I am also a very average looking, balding, sixty-one year old with no distinguished athletic resume. If this is the case, how did I end up a fitness expert?
    Simple, I read more,coached more and worked more than most people. As Outliers author Malcolm Gladwell would say, I have put in my ten thousand hours. For me personally, twenty thousand hours.
     The bottom line is that success is much more about hard work and perseverance than it is about talent. We all know that the best players don’t make the best coaches, we just don’t always know why. My theory is the best athletes never had to learn to work to get what they wanted. They always were at the head of the class. It just seem to come naturally to them. I learned early in my playing career that my talent alone wasn’t going to get me very far.Those of us that struggled to make a team know what it is like to have to work toward a goal. That gives us the potential to be great coaches. The key as a great coach is to figure out how to motivate and develop a great athlete.
The bottom line? Sincerity wins. Honesty wins. Perseverance wins.
One of favorite quotes is “people don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care”. It is more important to be the hardest working, nicest guy in the room than the smartest.
I have another quote I love. It simply says “work hard, be nice”.

To your success !

Just a thought .

No comments:

Post a Comment

item2
item5
item8
item11
item14
item17

Success Fitness Training

Professional Personal Fitness Trainer

BOOK A CONFIDENTIAL MEETING 07816 642 730